Monday, June 28, 2010

A really good week!

A really good week, I think ... adventures for Banshee and Corey, Snoopy is eating well again, DB is, well, DB is DB...and the Damcat is taking the routine of staying in the bedroom and bathroom when Corey is inside in stride ...

Monday: Fairly nice in early AM, run and watering (this is endless, wish itd rain) fed and kenneled, went to work. very long day. Returned home, very hot and airless now ... watered more trees, husband played brief ball game with dogs while i fix their food, then fed and kenneled. Keeps acting like its gonna eain, but doesnt, everything is drying up.

Tuesday: Hot already this AM, up early, AM run and watering, then fed and kenneled, took Banshee with me and dropped her at groomer (getting her belly and tasil feathers trimmed for summer and the rest of her undercoat combed out, I swear she had a ticker winterc coat this year than ever, I could stuff 2 mattresses or take care of the whole oil spill)  then to a meeting, picked up Banshee and went to pet therapy (Banshee got to show off her summer do) , then to the chiropraqctor (who lets me bring dogs with me). Hot as heck at home, husband gone to dentist, kennel Banshee (whenever i take banshee on an outing, DB and she get into a 'shouting match' when she returns, barking ferociously etc, so i kennel them to let them calm down). went back out to let dogs out, was halfway down the hill when it starts thundering ... we head back, Snoopy leading the charge to the dog shed (Snoopy hates stirms), Snoop clawing at the door, let her, DB and Banshee in, they head for their crates, Corey wont come in, so take him back to trailer ... a little rain for about an hour, looks like its cleared up, let the others out, this time we make it around the back when here comes the storm again, circling ... back up to trailer, grab food, kennel and feed all. Husband arrives home (has a truck full of lumber), storm passes over but dark now.

Wednesday: Another hot day ... morning run, didnt water any cause it did rain last night ... tied up some tomatoes (not doing well, too hot I reckon, but this time last summer I had tomatoes galore, scanty this year)... watered porch flowers, then fed and kenneled (and changed water etc).Snoopy didnt eat.  Went to work. Very hot and they seem to be paving half of every street I rode down today, the smell of asphalt in 100 degrees ... yuk. Very glad to leave town and get back home, even though still very hot (still 98 degrees at 6 PM.) Dogs in a/c, let hem out around 630, dogs and I sat around on porch, then around 7 set out to water and mow (trying to get under the trees cleared.) Husband tilling and smoothing the rough areas (where nasty weeds grow and we're trying to encourage grass spread...) checked a few water lines. As usual, DB, Banshee and Snoopy follow for awhile then go about their business Corey follows me closely (but is beginning to have sense enough to stay in shade). worked til dark (around 9 PM) then fed and kenneled... Corey's ears getting better. Snoopy ate supper. (I gave her some of the Wellness fish I had left ... maye she just likes fish and not duck or chicken? Great, I just boght a BIG bag of duck and potato. Sigh.)

Thursday: Very very hot again .. in the hundreds. Early M run, hot and sweltering at 730 AM. Fed and kenneled, went to work ... return evening, still hot and nasty. Husband goes to town (something about wood that's cut wrong), I attempt to water trees but somethings wrong with water lines, finally give up after finding some spigots left on around dark. Feed and kennel dogs ... Corey had followed me over whole property cecking the water lines, the rest had followed about halfway then went back and sat on porch. Snoopy eats well tonight (the duck and potato mixed with canned Wellness chicken.)


Friday: Up late, Tom goes into town to get new worker and go to bank, morning run, fed (Snoopy ate well), kenneled. Husband returns, get Corey and take him to work with me for Bring Your Dog to Work day!  Of course he loves riding in the car and snoozes the whole way (about an hour). Arrive at work, he's all excited, greets Karen, we go upstairs and greet Jay, settle down to work. He did pretty good ... was very quiet while I'm on phone with clients, slept on my foot while I drafted letters. Only problem is going up and down stairs (I'm on 2nd floor) it's a big old house, Corey goes up and down stairs MUCH faster than I do, unleashed is no problem, but leashed is a bit, well, traumatic (for me). But we perservere. Lunchtime was an adventure, he smelled Karen's lunch and barreled in to beg from her, we then fix my lunch, he disappears, then reappears with his Kong (I'd left it in my office), unfortunately the peanut butter is upstairs. Up we go, he now scents Jay's SubWay sandwich... and goes in to beg some more. After lunch, we're sitting in my office, Corey asleep, I'm on phone with client ... Kathy the Office Manager (who was off today) has come by to meet Corey and knocks on my door (which I've left closed so i can let Corey off leash) ... Corey snaps to attention and goes to the door, barking ferociously ... my client says 'where ARE you' I explain Bring Your Dog to Work Day, she says 'well, my, Miss Mary you have a wonderful watchdog there, he sounds really mean'. Yeah, he'd jump all over the burglar and lick him to death.. fairly quiet after this, wind up the day, ( Karen takes pictures of Corey at work on her cell phone, but we cant figure out how to get them onto the Net or sent to me, if we ever do will post them) go home an hour early, fortunately, as a big storm hits about 630 ... had time for husband to play ball with Snoopy and Corey while I took a brief nap, work up to terrible rain, hail, the works, husband had put Snoopy and DB in the shed, Banshee refused to go and was on porch ... went and let her in with Corey (Damcat hiding in closet). Rain continues, slacks up around 830, get food, kennel Banshee and Corey, get DB and Snoopy out of shed and into kennels, feed everyone, then RUN back to trailer as its raining again! (We sure did need rain, thats for sure, and it did cool it off).

Saturday: Right pleasant today! Morning run, fed and kenneled, let out and did some weeding (not much my back cant handle it anymore). Loooked all over, couldnt find snoopy ... husband had inadvertently locked her in RV. Let her out, Husband took Snoopy for a ride into town. Returned, i then took Corey (tried to take Banshee but she wasnt coming out from under the porch) over to the new SPCA thrift store, met the lady there (I may start volunteering on saturdays, Corey'd be a big help), then returned and took DB for a ride. Hot now, mid 90's. Took naps. Up again, now there's a storm brewing, put dogs in van and went for van ride to store, skirting the storm. Returned home, rain over but still thundering, took brief evening run ... oh no, dogs get an injured baby bird! Rescue it, cant find its nest, its now on the porch , doesnt look good.Fed and kenneled dogs, Corey's ears much better.

Sunday: Hot again, morning run, then church. home around noon, quite hot by now, took dogs for very brief run. after lunch, got really hot, though it said 95, the humidity ... well, put girls in AC shed. Had a great adventure late afternoon, my friend JoAnn brought her Irish setter Chase (and her husband) over to meet Corey ... Chase is even taller than Corey but not as bulked out (I assume because Corey wasn't neutered til he was over 5, as his prior owner showed him)... we rode around the property on mowers (well, JoAnn and I rode, husbands walked, as my 3rd mower seems to have died) watching the 2 handsome red guys run was beautiful ... I'm sure Angel Ginger was watching us and enjoying the sight ... ah, this takes me back to my childhood, watching my grandad's Irish setters ...they are beautiful animals indeed ... I left the girls kenneled, as I wasnt really sure how Corey'd react to another male, but there were no problems ... let the girls out and all was fine... hope Joann comes back soon (maybe after it cools down a trifle...) JoAnn's husband got some pictures (my camera as usual on the blink) hopefully can share them soon!

Thank you, St Francis and Angel Ginger, watching over us, sending Corey to us, giving us this beautiful Sunday to top off the week. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment