Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for my health, my husband, my four wonderful dogs, my cat, my job, my friends, and the 'mission' given to me by St. Francis when he sent DB and Banshee to me (abandoned under my toolshed in July 2006) which has led me to a wonderful new world of animal rescue and the kind caring people who are 'dog people'.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter " - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Some things that matter ... Noah's Ark Rescue, which provides medical care and treatment for abused and injured animals. All God's Creatures, a wonderful small rescue in Johnston SC. Aiken SPCA, an excellent 'no kill' shelter in Aiken which has allowed me to volunteer in pet therapy to local nursing homes and walking the shelter dogs. The Grey Muzzle Organization, which I joined as an ambassador, to spread the word about helping senior dogs.... and so many more.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me these opportunities! May I be worthy of your faith in me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mary Lou for your wonderful message. It reminds us that we have so much to be thankful for! For me, it is family, especially the grandchildren. And, good work to do that allows me to help others. God bless you and yours this holiday season. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete