Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday April 10

Foggy  morning, cloudy ... morning run, joined by little Mattie, feed and kennel, go to church. Return, sun is out and, it's getting really hot. Greeted at gate by DB, others are all in back with husband, mowing. Unload groceries, all dogs appear to help me unpack groceries ... take a nap. Eat lunch, husband is doing paperwork, go out to mow, its too hot... back inside. Clip DBs nails, brush Corey. Brush Banshee. Read. Do wash. Finally decide I best get used to the heat, so out to mow ... last about an hour. Corey follows me, from shady spot to shady spot, others stay up hill, when I stop they amble down for a treat. I guess we all have to get used to the heat! Back up to trailer, Corey and Banshee inside (DB and Snoopy too muddy) ...the Damcat saunters in and out, Banshee is getting MUCH better, but finally she is tensing up so I put Damcat in bedroom. Corey then gets a ball ... husband is moving items from top of refrigerator and Corey snags one of the soft mouth sized purple balls and will not give it up, he even falls asleep with it in his mouth. Around dark, we all go out to do a memorial for Angel Ginger, down to her red plum tree, to read a wonderful poem one of my online friends sent me ... we try to get Corey to exchange the soft purple ball for a hard red one, finally succeed, he and Snoopy are of course not at all interested in hearing me read the poem, but DB and Banshee are quiet, and finally Corey and Snoop quiet enough ... we exchange a few reminiscences of Angel Ginger ... but, these are dogs, and they live in the moment ... and this moment has red balls and purple balls and evening scents to sniff ... back up the hill, do a bit of mowing on way back, then feed and kennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment