Saturday, July 2, 2011

We all miss little Jake

Morning run, Jake's last run with the pack ... he has learned the routine so well and so quickly ... feed and kennel, then collect supplies for his 'dowry', put harness on him , crate him, go with husband to meet my friend Beth for our big trip to take him to his new family ... see separate post on that. On my return, mid afternoon, greeted by DB and Banshee at gate, friend drives me in, unload Jake's crate, she leaves ... go inside, Snoopy and Corey all excited to see me ... let DB and Banshee in, fix husband late lunch, take brief nap, put in a wash, then fix food and take my gang for evening run and some mowing ... they are looking all over for Jake, I did explain to them I was taking him to his new home, but they still expected me to bring him back, I guess ... play ball with Snoopy and Corey, mow, then feed and kennel. The Damcat is relieved that Jake is no longer invading 'his space '.... This is one of those experiences that I felt like St Francis was with me the whole time, from sending Jake to Rose's at exactly the right time, to finding exactly the right furever home, to arranging it so I had to drive him myself instead of using transport, to having my friend Beth be off work today so she could accompany us ... I have a really good feeling about this ... however, I do miss little Jake, it was fun having a puppy around:-( and he is such a great little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment