Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Monday and Tuesday

Monday: Good news, Corey's bloodwork was A-OK (in the vet's word 'glorious') the vet called my husband  and said she'd mail the printout to us. So now I can add him to my
insurance, and start the 30 day watting period ,,,, if we get thru
that OK, and he's still fitting in well, we'll be good to go! (I
realize the waiting to make sure I can get insurance on him may be
peculiar, but I really cant afford any more potential debt at my age
... (if i were younger I'd chance it, but not now)...
 Tuesday
Sir Corey continues to learn the new routine .... did a great AM run, stuck with the pack the whole way ... husband reports no problems today except Corey doesnt want to nap from 1-2 like everyone else, he 'fiddles around the house' and then wants to nap at 2... and then decided at 5 it was time to 'play ball' so sat in front of refrigerator staring intently at the ball basket on top ... I don't get home til 630. Well, at least no barking. Return home, got ball basket, outside with husband for 15 minutes of wild and crazy chasing balls ... he is improving, will now drop the ball and wait (sometimes) for the next one to be thrown (next step will be to stop grabbing at the ball on the ground when you pick it up... he just gets so revved up... he and Snoopy compete madly in chasing the ball, but neither gets upset if the other gets it, they just run back for the next throw. Banshee has figured out I'll give her her orange ball with feet and she can sit peacefully under the tree and chew it ... DB supervises and occasionally runs off with a ball, but has NO concept of retrieving it (she never has)... after Snoopy gets wore out she trots to her wading pool and splashes around, give Corey a few more tosses but he's tuckered out too...) get all balls, return to porch, put basket away and sit for 'quiet time' to let dogs cool down. Brush Banshee and DB, atempt to brush Snoopy (who is molting on her hindquarters and looks awful...) Little Mattie from next door comes over, Corey bounds over and she runs like heck ... Corey comes back to porch, DB and Banshee go play with Mattie. Then take Corey inside for ear meds and brushing. then out again for mowing ... Corey doing MUCH better, no more barking every time you stop. Also no longer chases the cars that pass by. (after DB and Banshee looked at him with contempt 'thats NOT a deer, you doofus, its a truck') Fed and kenneled at nightfall.

At times, as I'm riding around the property, I'll see the flash of a red tail flag in the corner of my eye, and think for a heartstopping minute ... it's my Ginger ... of course, it isn't, it's 'my Corey' ... but watching him run, with great bounding lopes, or the high stepping Irish setter trot, ears flying, nose in the air ...  for an instant, I can  see my Ginger, running beside him ... glorious red creatures, in love with life and running .... thank you, St Francis, and Angel Ginger, for sending Corey to us...

No comments:

Post a Comment