Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday May 16:

Sunday: Husband let dogs out early as worker was here early, and i usually don't get up on Sunday til 730. Small morning pronlem, husband was petting Banshee and Snoopy jumped her ... I came out, took all for AM run, all OK. Fed and kenneled, then let out again before I went to church, thinking they need outside time before it gets too hot. When return from church, all are kenneled, husband said about an hour afterI left, all dogs were watching him and worker (doing something to the slab for a building in preparation for building walls), and he was petting Snoopy, Corey came over and Snoopy jumped him (nipped at his head, no blood), Corey backed off but Husband kenneled them. I let all out, everybody fine, went for brief run, stayed on porch a bit, DB,Banshee and Snoopy settled into their nap spots so I let Corey inside with me to do the wash. (This is still a problem, if he knows one of us is inside he insists on coming in.) Got pretty hot today, went in and out a few times then napped. Brushed Corey. Then around 5, Corey (who has figured out theballs are in the yellow basket which I put on top of the refrigerator, is sitting at the refrigerator, looking hopefully at the basket, then whining, then barking ... well, at least the 'play ball once a day and the balls are in the basket' got learned quickly ... went outside with the ball basket, played ball, Corey and Snoopy getting very revved up and excited, Banshee has her orange ball with feet so is happy, DB supervises and occasionally fields a ball, finally Snoopy is wore out and goes and takes a dip in her wading pond, Corey ends up with a ball he wants to chew. All collapse. I go to retrieve the ball from Corey, he drops it but wont let me get it and DB snarls at him and he backs off. I retrieve the balls, put basket inside. All OK til Banshee comes to get a drink of water, and drops her ball, Corey snags it (no altercation) but Banshee looks very disgusted (And I cant just let him continue to chew it, for one thing he reduces it to rubble, for another once he has a ball he continually bugs you to throw it (but wont drop it to let you do so.) So, I put Corey inside, exchange ball for his Kong. Rest for awhile, then go for a van ride to the store. Corey in Ginger's old seat up front, DB and Banshee in their crates, (Banshee with her ball) Snoopy (wet, smelly Snoopy, who is blowing her coat on the hindquarters and looks like a ragamuffin) in back seat with me. Nice peaceful ride. Return home, take all for brief run (Corey spots a truck going by and chases it along fence line barking madly, DB and Banshee come running out of the woods, see its a truck not a deer and give Corey a look of pure contempt... storm is blowing up, get food, feed and kennel. Almost get knocked over by wind gusts ... get some of the outbuilding closed up then husband takes over. Corey barking wildly (I dont know if he's ever been out in a storm) but all have settled down now. Whew.
I expect a few minor altercations as Corey finds his place in the pack. So far, Banshee is remarkably pleasant, but anxious, my guess is that Snoopy  is feeling ball deprived (as she doesnt get to play off and on all day), usually the girls are fine waiting 'their turn' for loving or brushing, Snoopy must be feeling left out (although she isnt). DB only 'corrects' Corey if he oversteps with me (pushes at me, tries to grab a ball from me etc.) Corey is still very deferential to the ladies, he does immediately back off if one of them so signals him.  This is pretty tiring though, I hope things settle down soon. But hey, it's only been a week ... I am still very grateful to Angel Ginger and St. Francis for sending him to me... it certainly has occupied my mind and though I still mourn Ginger, I can see her clearly in my mind without weeping ... God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment