Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekly update August 30-Sept.5

Ups and downs this week ... weather improving, cool in mornings, but still buggy ... Snoopy eating well, little Mattie visits often and stays ALL day, Banshee still teasing Corey, DB standing Corey down for playing too rough, Corey's ears bothering him again, didn't get to go on our long anticipated trek to the holistic vet, old van tearing up but have found a newer one, Snoopy eating well,Damcat coming into kitchen and not geting killed ... oh, BTW, when I say we go on a morning run, the DOGS run, I ride my mower ...

Monday: Foggy this morning, lifts fairly quickly, run, feed and kennel. Long day at work, tired when get home, all dogs inside ... brush Corey (gosh he really hates being brushed) then out to mow (dusty and dry)... back hurting ...feed and kennel, little Mattie shows up too late, give her a treat anyway.

Tuesday:  Morning run, almost chilly! Dogs very energetic, burst out of pens ... feed and kennel, go to hearing in columbia ... then back to work. Return home, DB and Banshee and little Mattie greet me at gate, Snoopy and Corey inside. Rest for a bit, then out for evening mowing and run ... husband joins us ... give Corey and Banshee the last of the pears ... mattie playing with the 'big dogs', no longer afraid of Corey at all, she runs under him and flips in the air, hides in tall grass then leaps out, Banshee joins in, DB and Snoopy running in circles, oh, what energy! I love to watch them when they're having such a grand time, Corey's joyous (and very loud) bark ringing out across the property ... Corey grabbing branches from the 'burn pile' and carrying them all over the property ... again, I'm reminded of my Angel Ginger ... Oh, I miss her so ... nightfall, feed and kennel.

wednesday: Today was the day we were going to the holistic vet 3 hrs away, I had reserved a rental van so could take all 4 dogs ... was supposed to pick up at 9 AM. I reserved this 2 weeks ago. At 830 Enterprise calls to see if I'm coming, i said yep, they said the pickup was at 1 PM. not 9 AM. they had screwed up BIG time. Well, had to cancel appointment. my old van wont make it. I cant fit but 2 dogs in my car. My husband cant stay awake to drive 3 hrs if he took the truck and 2 other dogs. So, I cancelled. I guess I'll have to buy another van. I am SO disappointed. I took the day off anyway. Let dogs back out, watered trees, etc. Took Corey in, brushed him, worked on 'stay'. Damcat coming all the way up to Corey now, Corey basically ignoring him. OK with one dog , not more. Later in day little Mattie came over, played enthusiastically with my dogs ... the funniest antics, jumping OVER Banshee, running UNDER Corey... then Mattie starts 'attacking' the stream of water from my hose ... she bites at it, snaps, if I put it on the ground she digs after it ... the evil water beast ... DB watching her like she's nuts ... too funny. After a last joyous romp, feed and kennel.

Thursday: Cool this morning, very nice. Morning run, Mattie joins us, feed kennel and go to work. return, DB greets me at gate, others (including Mattie appear when get to trailer ... husband reports Mattie here ALL day. Let Corey and Snoopy in, brush Corey,. then out to attempt to water... Mattie again attacking the evil stream of water from the hose. nasty and buggy (lots of gnats), dogs ready to go in, get wildly excited at the 'suppertime walk' from trailer to kennels, Mattie joining in Corey's barking, chasing each other, DB decides Corey too rough and 'stares him down', he goes to kennel quickly. (DB plants herself firmly, tail up, head up, ruffling, NO mistaking THAT body language 'enough Mister, you're too rough'...) feed and kennel, Mattie sits on porch with me awhile, finally goes home.

Friday: Another cool morning! Off work today. let dogs out, halfway down hill, here comes Mattie. I guess she's decided to move in. Nice morning run, water a few trees, feed and kennel. Let out again after rest, water some more trees. Manager of car rental calls to apologize for wednesday foulup, yeah, that and $1 will buy me a coca cola. getting hot at noontime, go inside. Do inside stuff and nap, brush Corey. Out again around 5, water some more trees, still very hot. Inside again briefly, then back out watering more trees (yes, we have a LOT of trees planted..) Had planned to go to SPCA with one of husbands workers who wants to adopt a dog, he backs out, wish I'd known this earlier as I'd have gone into town in the morning and gone by the thrift store. Oh well...  Mattie has stuck with us all day. \As evening falls, just about to head on back, Corey, Snoopy and Mattie playing pretty wildly, DB steps in and STOPS Corey ...he is all wound up, doesnt stop at first, DB grabs his ear ... dead stop. No one hurt but I decide to head on in, left water running ... go get food,  Corey clearly abashed. DB reminds me of a kindegarten teacher at times. feed and kennel.

Saturday: glorious cool morning! Mattie joins us for morning run, feed and kennel. Out again, watering trees ... husband searching IWanta for a van (the old van is, well, inoperable) apparently the Cash for Clunkers govt giveaway program last year has had the anticipated result, lack of used vehicles and higher prices. This could be a problem. Long lazy day, dogs napped a lot, I watered trees a lot, got bit by fireants, Banshee teases Corey with pears again ... and poor Corey's left ear is all gunky again. husband has been giving him PRETZELS as treats. Aargh. I have some of the antibiotic-steroid ear drops left, so use that. Darn, just when the ears were doing SO well. Mattie doesnt join us after lunch, I think they have her locked up. water some more, beautiful sunset, feed and kennel at nightfall.

Sunday: Another cool morning ... had to go back in and get a jacket! Dogs burst out of kennels, loving the cool air ... good morning run, feed and kennel, go to church .. return, let dogs out again, water trees ...after lunch and a brief rest, brush Corey, clean ears, kennel dogs and go to look at vans ... think we've found one! Return home, let dogs out, evening run, more tree watering ... feed and kennel at nightfall. No Mattie all day, I really miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment