Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday Dec.28

Very cold last night, in mid teens, husband put dogs in crates in heated shed around midnight. I am having problems with my toe (this is the same toe that acts up every now and then, middle toe, very painful), husband lets dogs out, they then come inside trailer while I fix food; limp out to shed, get mower (which cranks!) and have brief morning run ... they all roll exuberabtly in something over near the woods, I limp over but cant find anything particularly gruesome ... then feed and kennel. Corey's ears still OK! Still off work, go inside and attempt different wrappings on my 'sore paw' ... let dogs out after they digest breakfast, another brief run, Corey picks up a small rock and wont give it up for any treat... finally 'trick' him by throwing a stick. My toe is, by now, killing me. Back to trailer, work on computer while dogs sleep, fix lunch etc until time for husband's doctor appt ... decide to take dogs with us ... go out and load up, little Mattie appears, sorry sweetie, only have 4 crates in the van ... this excursion lasts ttil after dark ... most amusing part is when I am waiting with dogs in parking lot at doctor, have walked them as best I can and resettled in their crates, leave the van back door up so Corey can watch whats going on (the others could care less, they sleep...) he lays there peacefully watching traffic until 2 very innocent looking ladies walk by, he goes into his ferocious 'alert! intruders!' barking, waking up DB who joins in... stop by Bojangles on way home, get egg biscuits and share (the egg part) with dogs ... arrive home, its dark, disembark, go to trailer and get food, feed and kennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment