Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday Jan.4

Cold morning, neither mower will crank, crank husbands tractor and drive it to kennels, turn it off, release the dogs, and it wont crank. Wonderful. Walk around as best I can (which isnt very good), then feed and kennel, to work; return at lunchtime, get DB and Banshee and go to pet therapy (DB along for the ride...) at nursing home , then to foot doctor ... (for me) ... apparently old age is causing my toes on that foot to spread out sideways or something when I walk bruising the third toe ... so, I have to get bigger shoes and then some kind of arch support. Well, whatever works. Return home, greeted by Corey and Snoopy, disembark from van, take all for run (mowers all crank now of course); then feed and kennel.

Reading on Facebook tonight, the sheer volume of dogs (and cats) killed in the shelters I 'follow' (and try to help) is almost overwhelming. I really don't think people understand how MANY animals are killed each day throughout the country ... the ONLY answer, spay-neuter, ADOPT, don't BUY dogs from pet stores and continue spreading the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment