Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wed Jan.12

Still iced in ... husband went out to shed and released dogs while I fix food, I tried to get to tractor but couldn't ..so husband took on brief run ... came back and got food from me, fed and kenneled ... I simply can't walk on the ice. my work had 2 hr delay but if it was unsafe we could take leave, which I did... Little Mattie then appears, I treat her, she hangs around on porch... around noon, I manage to get to tractor, go to kennels and take dogs for a run, it is really cold , but sunny, ice is slowly diminishing ... back inside for lunch, dogs nap... Banshee and Damcat almost run into each other ACK! Banshee barks, Damcat hisses ... and runs. Out again around 330, better now, sidewalks clear, can get back and forth to tractor shed... but its still awful cold ... back inside, brush Corey, clip DB's nails ...husband decides we'll take dogs and go to Dollar General  to see how the road is, my road still has patches of ice and the bridge is iced, 121 has been cleared so its OK ... return home right at dark, I've already got food ready ... and, can walk to the kennels now .. so feed and kennel.. it'll ice up again tonight, supposed to go into teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment