Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday January 11

Morning: its still a skating rink here. One truck has gone by. Husband slid out to kennels, got dogs out of shed, fed, and the dogs were sliding all over the place,Banshee slipped and was smart, she turned on her side and slid ... DB and Corey, who like privacy to potty, finally managed to get a few feet, DB's legs went out from under her ... Corey figured out to pick up one paw at a time and smash through the ice ... Snoopy got a running start and then slid ... i was watching through window. He put them in pens and fed and watered them. This was around 8 AM. Its now 11:00 and is NOT melting. My back is still painful from my yesterday slip and slide expedition. (My legs cramped up and then my back spasmed.) At least we didnt lose power. Noon, tried to go out, couldnt. Husband went and let dogs out, played fetch with Snoopy and Corey sliding and slipping, DB and Banshee sat on porch steps with me. went inside, dogs all very revved up from NO exercise to speak of for 2 days, but finally settle down; jump up barking every time a chunk of snow falls ... it is melting a bit on the roof, but still very foggy. no sun. Settled down a bit after lunch, dogs took naps, but still very revved ... husband went out on tractor in late afternoon, I still cant walk in the yard, cant even get over to tractor shed ... I do have good heavy boots with good tread soles, but its just too slick, I feel like an old woman, but I really dont want to break a leg and last night's trek across to the kennels quite frankly scared me. So, husband takes off on tractor... Snoopy and Corey follow him a ways, DB and Banshee go out about 3 feet and return and sit on porch (I'm watching through window.) Corey then comes back and starts barking. Snoopy then comes back. Sorry, I'm NOT coming out... anyway, get food together, husband returns (he got the mail!) give him the food and he feeds and kennels. He has put new straw in pens, they should be OK tonight, temps only going to mid 20's and pens are snow free and have the new straw. I sure do hope I can walk across the yard tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment