Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday March 25

Very cool this morning, in high 30's ... breezy too ... had to go back inside and get a winter jacket ... morning run, dogs all very frisky, horses in back running around, just like the first cool snap of fall! Feed and kennel, go to work ... beautiful weather all day, high 60's ... husband has full crew working today, reports that the dogs are 'good company' (when its really hot, the dogs go and lie in the shade, when its really cold, they huddle hopefully on the porch waiting for the humans to decide to go inside ... return around 530, greeted at gate by all dogs, Corey decides to jump in the car front seat as I'm closing the last gate, OK, he rides in with me ... disembark, give all treats, go inside and change, workers then leave, I do about an hour of mowing, really pleasant ... I actually enjoy mowing (which is fortunate since I have so much to mow) ... you can actually SEE your 'accomplishment' (unlike much of my day job work), its quiet and peaceful, and every time I stop my beautiful dogs appear to be petted, given treats, and do brief 'training exercises'. Back to trailer, let Corey and DB in (Snoopy is all wet, Banshee is engaged in chewing a big clump of grass clippings), fix food, the Damcat struts into the kitchen to get a treat with the dogs ... I dont worry about the Damcat's safety except with Banshee, who STILL has not accepted that the Damcat is NOT prey ... back out again for a final run around the property, feed and kennel ...  little Mattie shows up ... too late ... sit on porch with her awhile and give her a few treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment