Saturday, May 7, 2011

Angel Ginger's Paws4ACure tshirt arrives!

Beautiful weather, high near 80, slight breeze ... morning run, husband in town at flea market, feed and kennel, brush Snoopy (she will only tolerate 5 minutes of brushing at a time ... this seems endless, she looks SO scruffy my huband says we should rename her Scruffy) ... go inside, start a wash, husband returns ... let dogs out, mow some in front, about an hours worth, back inside, put washin dryer, let dogs in ... brush Corey (his hair looks really dry since the last grooming, maybe they didnt put conditioner on? I'm going to up his fish oil) ... lunch, fold clothes, naps ... then out again to plant the flowers and strawberries bought yesterday (I forgot the potting soil, fortunately one of husband's workers went to town today and brought us some ...) also some sweet potatoes (husband is trying all kinds of different things, well, I wish him luck ...) back inside with Corey and Snoopy, lay on the couch for a moment but then the Damcat saunters in (jumps over Corey, who doesnt even blink) and swats at Snoopy who lunges for him... ack, put Snoopy out, let Banshee in, brush her, then the Damcat sashays up and swats at Banshee who, to her credit, just pulls back and rolls her eyes at me ... enough, I put the Damcat in the bedroom, let Snoopy and DB in, fix food, give everyone treats, then back out for evening mowing ... the dogs hopefully eyeing the wild plums,which are beginning to ripen, better stock up on pumpkin (they get diarrhea from overindulging) ... ah, Angel Ginger so loved the wild plums ... the t=shirt I ordered (with her name on the back) from Paws4aCure (http://www.paws4acure.org/) an organization that raises funds or the pet owners and families that cannot afford veterinary treatment for their dog or cat with cancer without  help... their annual 'walk' is next Sunday, but its in Massachusetts,. so I donated to the cause ..when Angel Ginger took sick, I had no insurance on her, fortunately, I have good credit and put her treatment on my credit card ... but if I had not had credit, of course I'd not have been able to afford to treat her,and this is one small way we can all help those who can not afford treatment... getting dark now, finish mowing, back to get food, feed and kennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment