Monday, May 9, 2011

Corey acting strange, head tilt

Morning run ... Corey acting oddly, not running, just  walking ... does take off after wild geese though, eats fine ... ask husband to monitor him, around 3 PM husband calls and says Corey is tilting his head to the left, and seems to be unable to move head to the right ... and is moving slowly ... he takes Corey to vet, our regular vet not in today, they check his ears and temp, no temp, cytology shows bacterial infection again ...  give him Animax again and pred tablets. When I get home husband not back yet, he and Corey arrive shortly thereafter, and yes, Corey is acting very strange, no joyous barking, moving very cautiously, and his head definitely tilted, I feel his jaws and neck, no obvious pain or tenderness ... though he seems to have trouble swallowing, and instead of a loud joyous bark theres a pitiful moan ...  he follows you with his eyes, not his head ... no energy, does follow slowly, lays and watches as I mow a bit, husband with us ...  oh my poor Corey ... I HATE giving pred, but, I do, if its an inflammation of some kind I gues its what he needs... feed and kennel, he doesnt seem able to bend over to eat, husband raises his dish, he gobbles up the food as usual ... put the Animax in his ears. I hope to God this IS only an ear infection BUT his ears had I thought been gettting much better, and he has NEVER shown symptoms like this, its like his balance is off.

No comments:

Post a Comment