Thursday, June 2, 2011

Little Mattie joins us again...

Yet another scorcher ... temp hit 100 today ... humid, miserable. Morning run ... feed and kennel, Corey's rat looking good! to work, return... still very hot, muggy, nasty ... husband and dogs greet me at gate, go to trailer, let dogs in while fix food, try to sit awhile til it gets cooler but no, they want to run ... so change and goout, its like walking thru molasses ... mow some, try to find a 'cool spot', its clouding up and rumbles of thunder ...finish mowing, back to trailer, feed and kennel ... and, little Mattie shows up! I am so happy, but ... she has injured her eye, at least she looks blind in her right eye (it has a blue cast to it and doesnt move) ... feed her, then husband and I go to neighbor's ... yeah, the son said they took her to vet and 'got some pills', have no idea what is wrong with her eye ... said they'll have the mom call me... little Mattie follows me back to porch, I sit with her awhile, she doesnt appear to be in pain, but very skittish .. oh this is heartbreaking. so sad ...

No comments:

Post a Comment