Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wed November 10

Warmer, beautiful day .... morning run, all lively and cheerful, gobbling up persimmons (these are the little wild persimmons, berry sized ... the dogs like them even before they turn sweet, except Snoopy ... she spits them out if they're not ripe) ... went by food bank to deliver food from church, then to work ... pretty long day ... and then had to go pick up dog food, so almost dark when get home, but still have evening run, joined by little Mattie... husband giving some extra dog food to neighbor (another dog has showed up on his property) ... feed and kennel my gang.  I just realized ... it's been 7 months since Angel Ginger crossed the bridge ... it seems like yesterday, and it seems like a hundred years ago .... dance on, my sweet red girl, until we meet again... it has helped. immensely, to have had Corey 'sent' to me the month after she passed (and I have no doubt Angel Ginger and St Francis sent Corey to me, they knew I needed him, not as a replacement, oh no, there can never be a replacement ... but as a reminder that life does, indeed, go on ... I have always felt strongly that St. Francis 'sends' animals to me, for me to care for, adopt, or sometimes nurture and send on to another home .... this has happened innumerable times... after Angel Ginger passed, I was actually scared to go to my volunteer work at the shelter or to adoption events with my friends for fear I would convince myself that St. Francis had picked a dog for me ... and it wasn't 'time' yet ... anyway, after a month of this, I guess Angel Ginger and St. Francis decided it was time to act, and, sent Corey to me... ah, Corey, the wild Irishman, as different from sweet, dignified Angel Ginger as a dog of the same naturally sweet breed can be .. I think of Angel Ginger as 'my wild Irish rose, the sweetest flower that grows', lace-curtain Irish, sweet and dignified ... and Corey, the boisterous wild Irishman with a heart of gold and rough manners, slobbering freely, leaping around with gusto, rowdy, rude and so engaging he brings a grin to everyone's face ... just what we needed in our little pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment