Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Feb. 25

Rain moving in ... husband gets up early, lets dogs out to beat rain, then into trailer ... the Damcat and I get up, to be confronted with 4 wet dogs... aargh, the Damcat runs back to the bedroom. I fix my yogurt and dogs food ... by this time it has stopped raining, so I take them for quick morning run... starts raining agaion after I feed and kennel. I go inside, dry off, change clothes and head to work (meeting out of town). It clears up pretty quickly... sunny and in the 70's when I finally return ... Banshee and DB greet me at gate, Snoopy and Corey inside .. brush Corey (who I havent given a good brushing for 3 days)... let others in, fix food, then take evening run, joined by little Mattie (who still hasnt gotten toenails cut) prune some trees and tie orange marker ribbon on branches too big for me to cut ... the early peaches are in bloom, despite the dormant oil we sprayed ... if we get a freeze now ... oh well, you do what you can do, the rest is up to the Lord.

Wanted to share this wonderful essay with y'all..
A call for improving our etiquette with older dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment