Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday February 14

Beautiful weather! Clear and crisp in the morning, warmed up to high 60's... Corey fairly subdued  this morning on our morning run, and my husband says he was very subdued all day ( you have to realize that subdued for Corey is normal behavior for most dogs, he usually bounds and leaps about with mad abandon, vibrating with energy ) ... he was friendly today but it was like he was holding himself in check ... Banshee was very bouncy today, when she's in 'bouncy mode' she hope about like a rabbit, very amusing to watch ... did a bit of sit-stay practice, Corey letter perfect, DB getting there ... Banshee and Snoopy, well, they're getting better ... off to work, return after dark, husband has fed and kenneled, i take out their essences and yogurt ... Corey very excited to see me, but again, holds himself in check ...look at his ears .... sigh ... I've ordered some Vetzyme as suggested by  one of my UK friends...  it's only available in the UK, it'll take 10 days to arrive ... the yeast problem cleared up when I switched him to no grain food when I first got him, now its recurrent bacterial infection ... I've put him on extra astragulus and garlic to build up his immune system (though he doesnt exhibit any signs of a compromised immune system, when he gets a cut or scrape it heals VERY quickly) ...  I've been using ACV and distilled water on the bad ear, maybe that'll help ... they all get Vit C ... this has puzzled my regular vet, my holistic vet, and my herbalist ... (have him on yet another herbal blend now)...

No comments:

Post a Comment